Friends of the Pere Marquette Depot
of Matching Funds Remaining
**EXCITING NEWS** Great Lakes Center Foundation Board Member Gary Labadie has offered to match — dollar for dollar — all funds raised for the Pere Marquette Depot Endowment Fund, up to $50,000! These special matching funds are IN ADDITION to funds available through the Give Local Bay incentive pool.What a great way to multiply your generosity! Located in the central business district on the east side of the Saginaw River in Bay City, Michigan, the Pere Marquette Railroad Depot is the original Bay City station of the Flint and Pere Marquette Railroad Company. As the city evolved from a lumber-based to a diversified, industrial-based economy at the turn-of-the-20th century, the railroad played a significant role in transporting Bay City manufactured products to market. Built in 1904, the depot remained active in service until 1969, at which time it was vacated and began a period marked by vandalism and progressive deterioration. The Great Lakes Center Foundation spearheaded the complete historic restoration (based on the U.S. Department of Interior, National Park Service standards) in 2008. The depot is now the home of the Bay Area Community Foundation. The building was listed in the State Register of Historic Places in 1980 and the National Register in 1982. This fund was established to support the long term historic preservation of the depot.
1000 Adams St.
Bay City, MI 48708